Still, make sure by reading the item description and customer reviews if this is the case with the terrarium kit you choose for your little reptile pet.
Terrariums for semi-aquatic pets are different from the ones for aquatic pets. Semi-aquatic pets include salamanders, newts, frogs and some turtles. Before you get your terrarium starter kit make sure that your future pet is a semi-aquatic animal.
Updated 2017: new product added!
The semi-aquatic terrariums show a split between land and water with a ratio that depends eventually on the pet you’ll get. With the terrarium you recreate your pets natural environment which is very important for your pet’s health and happiness.
Some terrarium kits like the Reptile Kit from Aqua Culture even come with water filter machine and filter. Every kit has its specific advantages.
The right environment should promote natural behavior and activity. It should make your little pet want to climb, hide and burrow in and around it. Health is the foremost sign that your pet is in the right environment. If he shows signs of illness or stress, change the terrarium environment by adding stimulating material. You’ll detect improper environments by interrupted sleeping and eating patterns of your pet.
If you’re not sure about your new little pet, ask in any case your vet for more advice for the specific requirements of your pet.
Take a look at the following Top 3 Terrarium Kits for Semi-aquatic Pets between $70 and $150, maybe you’ll find the perfect one for your situation and your pet:
10 Gallon Reptile Kit
- Includes tank, water filter machine and filter
- starter kit habitat
- Tank size: 11.8″ 12″ x 14″
- Tank with 10 gallons
Awesome starter kit, comes with everything you need except the gravel and heater.
My pet turtle loves this habitat!
Rainforest Habitat Kit
- Dual front doors for easy escape-free access for maintenance and feeding
- Full screen top ventilation
- Compact fluorescent lighting system
- Includes all necessary decoration items and natural-looking rock terrarium background
- Ideal for: Small species of snakes, frogs, lizards and geckos
- Tank size: 12″ x 12″ x 18″
It’s working well for my green anole.
What came is top notch quality and materials.
So far this tank is really great. The decor it came with filled it out nicely, added a couple small branches I found outside to add more climbing opportunities for my new crested gecko.
Exo Terra Allglass Terrarium
- Glass terrarium for reptiles or amphibians and semi aquatic animals
- Patented front window ventilation
- Raised bottom frame in order to fit a substrate heater
- Waterproof bottom
- Escape-proof dual doors lock to prevent escape
- Closable inlets for wires and/or tubing management
Fantastic quality. Well designed. Sturdy. Overall I would purchase again.
Arrived on time and well packaged. Lovely, quality terrarium, and front opening doors make caring for you critter so much easier. Their vented doors also allow for good air flow yet still aide in retaining humility.
Very well designed, I’d recommend it to anyone who’s a first time reptile/amphibian owner. The swinging doors are really cool.
* Prices are good at the time the article was written, but subject to change without notice.