Just as we love our homes our pet birds love their cage as home. This makes the design of the cage for your bird very important. Here are the most important points you need to know before choosing your bird cage.
First of all the perfect bird cage needs to provide enough space for your bird to move around, to fully extend his wings inside the cage. Additional space is needed for bird toys, dishes, perches and other places your birds love to hang out such as swings or nests.
Your space requirements are important too. Do you have enough room for a big bird cage? It shouldn’t take away most of your living space. You should be as happy with it as your birds.
Another quite important point is the cleaning requirement. Before choosing a new cage take into your consideration how good you can reach perches, bars and other places for cleaning. Some things need daily cleaning such as dishes and replacing the tray paper. Other tasks can be done once a week. There are bird cages that are actually specifically designed to achieve easy cleaning like the one from Hagen Vision.
Getting your bird used to the new cage might sometimes be difficult. Normally though birds accept new cages without problems. If your bird is hesitant to move into his new home, place the new cage close to the old one and allow your bird to move freely in and out. Placing some of the favorite toys into the new cage helps also as well as your bird’s favorite treats.
Hagen Vision Cage
- Suitable cage for budgies, canaries, lovebirds and finches
- Debris guard, deep base and the smart placement of seed/water cups
- Large, durable cage with wide double front doors
- Single height, small wire
- Includes perches
I really like the way the cage is designed for cleaning! As far as the cage helping to stop the seed outside the cage mess, this is spot on.
These cages are light and easy to clean. The design directs debris to stay inside the cage. The bars are perfect for climbing.
The bird feed holder that comes with the cage along with the water feeder is easy to access and take out. The bird loves the cage too. It is easy to see in and view the bird.
Bird Cage Kit
- Square Roof Cage Kit
- Includes 2 hooded plastic cups, 2 wood perches, 1 cuttlebone, 1 wood ladder
- Comes with 1 mineral treat and a variety of toys
- Ideal for medium sized birds
It’s enough for only 1 cockatiel or similar bird.
It fits my old stand, and came with so many extra things, a nice bonus. was super easy to assemble.
Cage for Cockatiels
- Large front door for easy access to bird
- Convertible play top pops up
- Treat Play n Learn Interactive Play Wall
- Three doors on back
- Includes 3 wood perches and 2 easy access food and watering cups
My cockatiel really enjoys her new home in this cage. It was the perfect fit for her and her toys.
Great cage. We use it for traveling and camping in our RV.
The cage is the home of Tavi,my Grandson’s cockatiel. The cage is just what we needed for this young bird. Lots of room and doors all around to help care for Tavi.
Triple Roof Cage
- Unique triple roof design
- Removable bottom grille and pull-out tray
- Includes 2 plastic cups, 2 wood perches
- Designed for parakeets, cockatiels and other small-medium birds
I had two parakeets/budgies and after letting them in the cage I went out and bought two more because the cage looked empty.
Putting this together, the side rooftops, was tricky. Add the toys and my parakeets are playfully hopping and climbing around!
This is our cockatiel’s alternate cage, light and easy to move so she can always be where the action is in the house.
* Prices are good at the time the article was written, but subject to change without notice.